Be the first to know
Selling Your Property?
Request a Free valuation
View properties we
Contact The Team
- CHARACTERFUL DETACHED HOUSE IN A SOUGHT-AFTER HOWARDIAN HILLS VILLAGE
- GALLERIED ENTRANCE HALL & LANDING
- SPACIOUS DRAWING ROOM OPENING ONTO THE GARDEN
- DOUBLE ASPECT SNUG WITH FEATURE FIREPLACE
- DINING ROOM PARTIALLY OPEN ONTO AN UPDATED KITCHEN
- UTILITY ROOM & GUEST CLOAKROOM
- MASTER BEDROOM WITH EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM
- TWO FURTHER DOUBLE BEDROOMS & UPDATED HOUSE BATHROOM
- ATTRACTIVELY LANDSCAPED GARDENS & AMPLE DRIVEWAY PARKING
- SET WITHIN AN AREA OF OUTSTANDING NATURAL BEAUTY
The Old Blacksmiths Shop is a particularly attractive village house, created from a former smithy and blacksmith’s shop. It occupies a delightful position fronting onto the main street and enjoys a superb outlook onto the Eleventh Century St Martin’s Church in one of Ryedale’s most sought-after villages.
The rear ‘wing’ extension is entirely in keeping with the original building, being constructed of local limestone, with brick arched lintels and a pantile roof and has resulted in a residence of considerable character and charm, which sits within the Bulmer Conservation Area.
The total accommodation amounts to over 1,900ft2 and briefly comprises: galleried entrance hall, guest cloakroom, drawing room, snug, dining room, updated kitchen and utility room. Upstairs there are three double bedrooms and a smart new bathroom leading off the galleried landing. The master bedroom benefits from a newly updated en-suite shower room and each bedroom has an abundance of built-in storage. There is double-glazing throughout as well as LPG central heating.
Externally there are attractively landscaped and walled gardens to the side and rear, to include lawn, shrub borders and an Indian stone terrace. Ample parking is available on the gated, gravelled driveway.
Bulmer is a picturesque village set within the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is typified by a broad village street and mellow, stone-built houses. The village is within easy reach of excellent local amenities in both the nearby market town of Malton and the City of York. The mansion house of Castle Howard is close at hand and the nearby village of Welburn benefits from a reputable gastro pub.