Be the first to know
Selling Your Property?
Request a Free valuation
View properties we
Contact The Team
Gristhorpe, Near Filey
- Immaculately Presented Village Smallholding set in 5.5 Acres
- Extended Three Bedroom Detached House Dating from 1900
- Especially Spacious Living Accommodation with Three Generous Reception Rooms
- Fully Fitted Kitchen & Utility Room
- Three Bedrooms & Well-Appointed Shower Room
- Gas Central Heating & uPvc Double Glazing
- PV Solar Panels Providing Income
- Extensive Gardens & Grounds - All Beautifully Landscaped & with Southerly Views
- Ample Parking Garage Workshop & Various Stores
- Three Good Quality Grass Paddocks - Ideal for Buyers with Equestrian or Smallholding Interests
The Croft dates from around 1900 and was once a gardener’s cottage to the neighbouring Gristhorpe Hall. In more recent times the property has been substantially extended to provide an especially spacious ground floor layout with three bedrooms and a shower room to the first floor. The house occupies a very pleasant position within the village, being slightly elevated above the Main Street and enjoys surprisingly good views towards the Yorkshire Wolds at the rear. The grounds are very private and have been expertly landscaped to create the feeling of a series of ‘rooms’ each with their own point of interest and all enjoying a southerly aspect.
The property benefits from a variety of outhouses, including a great workshop which could be adapted to a home office or garden room – subject to securing any necessary consents. A driveway runs along the eastern boundary giving ample room to park and leading to a timber garage. Beyond the gardens there are three interconnecting paddocks. These have been let for grazing to a local farmer but will hold significant appeal to buyers with equestrian or smallholding interests. The land has good quality hedge and fence boundaries and like the gardens has a fine, southerly aspect.
Gristhorpe is a conveniently placed village located only 3 miles from the nearby coastal town of Filey. The Main Street is a no-through road and designated Conservation Area, presenting a very attractive street scene. Good local facilities can be found in both Filey and Scarborough, which is some 6 miles north. The A64 is within easy reach for commuting further afield.